Originally aired on 04-05-2018
Sometimes in medicine you get a “curveball” and you may think you have one problem and it’s something totally different. In this show Dr. Anderson will discuss some patient cases that illustrate this phenomenon. From another doctor telling them “it’s all in your head” to patients who self-diagnose (and do it wrong…) what an integrative and naturopathic medical approach looks like and how it plays out.
- A 25 year old woman who was told she just needed to sleep more and she’d lose that fatigue she had.
- A 45 year old woman diagnosed with “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” who was put on psychiatric medications because she “didn’t have anything physically wrong” on her lab tests or physical exam.
- A 29 year old man with pain, slow healing and fatigue. Three doctors tried many things until we found out his problems came from somewhere else.
- An 88 year old retired doctor with back pain and growing fatigue.
- An 8 year old with “ADHD” that just wouldn’t respond to the typical medications.
Listen to the episode here!
Originally aired, and hosted on Contact Talk Radio,
by Dr. Paul Anderson every week!
To consult Dr A about a case, please fill out the form at the Contact Portal.
For patient questions and concerns, refer to the clinic, Advanced Medical Therapies.